I'm not much into cooking so whenever I come across quick, easy to throw together recipe that is healthy, I am all over it! I make up a huge batch of this (and usually double the recipe) and it keeps for a long time in the fridge. This is a great snack sprinkled on Greek Yogurt and berries, great as a cereal, sprinkled over fresh fruit or eating straight out of the container. Enjoy!
Homemade Granola Recipe
Makes 4 pints
3 C. Old fashioned rolled oats (don't use quick oats)
1/4 C. Sesame seeds
1/4 C. Sunflower seeds
1/2 C. flaked, unsweetened coconut
1/2 C. Sliced almonds (I buy them whole and crush them a bit in the morter and pestle)
2 T. Flax meal
1 C. Chopped nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts)
1/3 C. Vegetable oil (I always use EV Olive Oil and it works great - doesn't taste different and is healthier!)
1/2 C. Local honey
1 C. Dried Fruit (blueberries, cherries, cranberries, raisin assortment, etc)
1 T. Vanilla Extract
2 t. Cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients except cinnamon.
- In a medium saucepan, heat honey and oil until honey is dissolved and bubbly around the pan edges. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract and cinnamon. Stir well.
- Add all wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with oil and spread granola mixture over entire sheet.
- Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and delicious, stirring ever 10 minutes or so. Rotate the pan once during cooking.
- Best to store in refrigerator or freezer to maintain crispiness.
1. Go to iFit.com and login to your account.
2. Return to iRunMaps.com and find the workout you want to add to your iFit machine schedule.
3. Click on the name of the map route OR View Details to take you to the details page.
4. Click on the link towards the bottom that starts with http://www.iFit.com...
5. When the new window pops up, click "Schedule Workout" and it will add to your iFit Schedule.
You can filter through thousands of maps by using either the Keyword Search OR Filter Results on the SEARCH page. Enter in any keyword (marathon, 5k, 4.9 mi, London, castle, beach, trail, island, etc)
On the SEARCH page, you can filter and narrow down from thousands of maps! The more specific you are, the less results you will see. The less fields you enter information into, the broader your results will be.
- Category (Location) - narrow down the continent, country or state. Keep typing to add more than 1 location
- Street View - select on Yes or Areas with/without
- Features - choose which features you're looking for in your workout (beach, incline, city, trail, etc)
- Distance - choose the distance range(s) you want or input the exact miles
- Incline - select the max incline you want or input the exact incline
- Elevation - select the max elevation you want or input the exact elevation
- Click "Search" button
On the MAP SEARCH page you can perform the following searches:
- Location - Enter in a country, state, city
- Radius - Enter a number to search in km or miles
- Click Search
From the results, click on a pinpoint location and it will display the map name. Click on the map name to take you to the entry or click on the star to favorite it and look at it or do it later.
HOW TO SCHEDULE MAPS
- Go to iFit.com and login to your account.
- Return to iRunMaps.com and find the workout you want to add to your iFit machine schedule.
- Click on the name of the map route OR View Details to take you to the details page.
- Click on the link towards the bottom that starts with http://www.iFit.com.
- When the new window pops up, click "Schedule Workout" and it will add to your iFit Schedule. Now go to your machine, click the "Maps" button and you'll see the workout you added.